© AFI Expertise inc.
- This course teaches you the knowledge and skills required to perform a host of tasks related to securing and protecting applications and systems within an organisation.
- Our experienced instructors will teach you to configure threat detection tools, perform data analysis and interpret the results to identify vulnerabilities, threats and risks to an organisation.
- Cyber security analytics vastly improves your threat visibility by focusing on network behaviour, including an organisation’s interior network. These threats are better detected through analytics.
- IT Security Analyst
- Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst
- Vulnerability Analyst
- Cybersecurity Specialist
- Threat Intelligence Analyst
- Security Engineer
- At least two years (recommended) of experience in computer network security technology or a related field.
- The ability to recognize information security vulnerabilities and threats in the context of risk management.
- Foundation-level operational skills with some of the common operating systems for computing environments.
- Foundational knowledge of the concepts and operational framework of common assurance safeguards in computing environments. Safeguards include, but are not limited to, basic authentication and authorization, resource permissions, and anti-malware mechanisms.
- Foundation-level understanding of some of the common concepts for network environments, such as routing and switching.
- Foundational knowledge of major TCP/IP networking protocols including, but not limited to, TCP, IP, UDP, DNS, HTTP, ARP, ICMP, and DHCP.
- Foundational knowledge of the concepts and operational framework of common assurance safeguards in network environments. Safeguards include, but are not limited to, firewalls, intrusion prevention systems, and VPNs.
CySA+ course you will focus on the following four cyber security domains:
- Threat Management
- Vulnerability Management
- Cyber Incident Response
- Security Architecture and Tool Sets
- Given a scenario, apply environmental reconnaissance techniques using appropriate tools and processes
- Given a scenario, analyse the results of a network reconnaissance
- Given a network-based threat, implement or recommend the appropriate response and countermeasure
- Explain the purpose of practices used to secure a corporate environment
- Given a scenario, implement an information security vulnerability management process
- Given a scenario, analyse the output resulting from a vulnerability scan
- Compare and contrast common vulnerabilities found in the following targets
Cyber Incident Response
- Given a scenario, distinguish threat data or behaviour to determine the impact of an incident
- Given a scenario, prepare a toolkit and use appropriate forensics tools during an investigation
- Explain the importance of communication during the incident response process
- Given a scenario, analyse common symptoms to select the best course of action to support incident response
- Summarise the incident recovery and post-incident response process
Security Architecture and Tool Sets
- Explain the relationship between frameworks, common policies, Given a scenario, use data to recommend remediation of security issues related to identity and access management
- Given a scenario, review security architecture and make recommendations to implement compensating controls
- Given a scenario, use application security best practices while participating in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Compare and contrast the general purpose and reasons for using various cybersecurity tools and technologies