© AFI Expertise inc.
It is strongly recommended that you have access to Power BI Desktop to take this course.
If you do not have access to Power BI Desktop, our team can provide you with the necessary tools for the course to run smoothly, at no extra cost.
Professionals, executives, managers and team leaders with no advanced knowledge of data analysis, who nevertheless wish to produce simple reports using Power BI's automatic reports from a SharePoint list or from the Power BI service accessible from their web browser.
At the end of this program, professionals will be able to use the automatic reports features to produce their first reports from simple data sources such as SharePoint and an existing dataset.
Power BI users and report consumers
- Connect to the Power BI service
- Navigating the Power BI interface
- Recognizing and differentiating Power BI content
- Working with Power BI dashboards
- Working with Power BI reports
- Create reports using Power BI's automatic reports
- Customizing Power BI reports
- Creating a Power BI dashboard
- Sharing a Power BI report
- Sharing a Power BI dashboard
- Use the Power BI application from the Windows desktop or from a mobile or tablet device.
Lectures - Demonstrations - Guided and individual exercises
Chapter 1 - Power BI and data analysis
- Discover what data analysis is.
- Understand the uses of Power BI.
- Learn the ethical rules to apply.
Chapter 2 - Understanding the Power BI dataset
- Discover the different modes of data acquisition.
- Understand data refreshment.
- Understand data security risks.
- Discover the contents of a Power BI dataset.
- Understand the difference between loading and importing.
Chapter 3 - Power BI applications
- Understanding Power BI applications
- Installing a Power BI application
- Using a Power BI application
Chapter 4 - Creating a Power BI report
- Use data from SharePoint.
- Create an automatic report from SharePoint
- Get data from Excel.
- Create an automatic report in Power BI.
- Simply customize your automatic status
Chapter 5 - Performing analyses in Power BI
- Discover how to use filters.
- Use the different display modes.
- Learn how to add pages to your report.
- Format and configure visuals for your report pages.
Chapter 6 - Creating dashboards in Power BI
- Create and customize a dashboard.
- Learn how to set up a Power BI alert.
- Understand how to choose vignettes.
- Learn how to create and track Power BI metrics.
Chapter 7 - Collaborating and sharing in Power BI
- Learn how to use a Power BI workspace.
- Understand the difference between collaborating and sharing.
Chapter 8 - Troubleshooting a Power BI report
- Monitor the use and performance of your report.
- Repair common Power BI errors.