This Oracle Database 12c: Backup and Recovery Workshop will teach you how to evaluate your own recovery requirements. You'll develop appropriate strategies for backup, restore and recovery procedures from provided scenarios.
Learn To :
Develop appropriate backup and recovery procedures to address your business needs.
Implement backup and recovery settings and perform backup operations to disk and tape.
Employ Oracle Database recovery procedures to recover from media and other failures.
Diagnose and repair data failures.
Use Flashback Technologies and data duplication to complement backup and recovery procedures.
Secure the availability of your database by appropriate backup and recovery strategies.
Benefits to You :
Ensure fast, reliable, secure and easy to manage performance. Optimize database workloads, lower IT costs and deliver a higher quality of service by enabling consolidation onto database clouds.
Perform Backup and Recovery
Expert instructors will begin by helping you gain a deeper understanding of possibly the most important job of a Database Administrator – backup and recovery. The concepts and architecture that support backup and recovery, alongwith the steps required to carry it out in various ways and situations, are covered in detail.
Recovery Manager Command Line and Graphical Interfaces
This course will teach you about Recovery Manager (RMAN) command line and graphical interfaces for various backup, failure, restore and recovery scenarios.
Participate in Hands-on Practices and Workshops
Participating in extensive hands-on practices and workshops will help you gain experience in a realistic technical environment. Interactive workshops give you the opportunity to diagnose and recover from numerous failure scenarios, based on backup and recovery case studies.
Upon completing this course, you will know how to evaluate your own recovery requirements. You'll have the skills to develop an appropriate strategy for backup and recovery procedures.
- Data Warehouse Administrator
- Database Administrators
- Support Engineer
- Technical Administrator
- Technical Consultant
Required Prerequisites :
- Knowledge of Oracle Database 12c
- Knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL
- Oracle Database 12c: Administration Workshop NEW
Suggested Prerequisites :
- Using Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c NEW
- Describe Oracle Database backup methods and recovery operations that can be used to resolve database failure.
- Describe the Oracle Database architecture components related to backup and recovery operations.
- Plan effective backup and recovery procedures.
- Configure the database for recoverability.
- Use Recovery Manager (RMAN) to create backups and perform recovery operations.
- Use the Data Recovery Advisor to diagnose and repair failures.
- Use Oracle Flashback Technologies to recover from human error.
- Perform an encrypted database backup and restore.
- Perform tablespace point-in-time recovery.
- Describe additional high availability features such as Oracle Data Guard.
- Curriculum Context
- Assess your Recovery Requirements
- Categories of failures
- Oracle Backup and Recovery Solutions
- Oracle Maximum Availability Architecture
- Oracle Secure Backup
- Benefits of using Oracle Data Guard
- Basic Workshop Architecture
- Core Concepts of the Oracle Database, Critical for Backup and Recovery
- Oracle DBA Tools for Backup and Recovery
- Connecting to Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN)
- Quick Start: A Problem-Solution Approach
Configuring for Recoverablility
- RMAN commands
- Configuring and managing persistent settings
- Using the Fast Recovery Area (FRA)
- Control File
- Redo Log File
- Archiving Logs
Using the RMAN Recovery Catalog
- Creating and Configuring the Recovery Catalog
- Managing Target Database Records in the Recovery Catalog
- Using RMAN Stored Scripts
- Maintaining and Protecting the Recovery Catalog
- Virtual Private Catalogs
Backup Strategies and Terminology
- Backup Solutions Overview and Terminology
- Balancing Backup and Restore Requirements
- Backing Up Read-Only Tablespaces
- Best Practices for Data Warehouse Backups
- Additional Backup Terminology
- RMAN Backup Types
- Incrementally Updated Backups
- Fast Incremental Backup
- Block Change Tracking
- Oracle-Suggested Backup
- Reporting on Backups
- Managing Backups
Improving Your Backups
- Compressing Backups
- Using a Media Manager
- Creating RMAN Multisection Backups, Proxy Copies, Duplexed Backup Sets and Backups of Backup Sets
- Creating and Managing Archival Backups
- Backing Up Recovery Files
- Backing Up the Control File to a Trace File
- Cataloging Additional Backup Files
- Backing Up ASM Disk Group Metadata
Diagnosing Database Failures
- Reducing Problem Diagnosis Time
- Automatic Diagnostic Repository
- Interpreting RMAN Message Output and Error Stacks
- Data Recovery Advisor
- Diagnosing Data File Loss (file system and ASM)
- Handling Block Corruption
Restore and Recovery Concepts
- Restoring and Recovering
- Instance Failure and Instance/Crash Recovery
- Media Failure
- Complete Recovery (Overview)
- Point-in-Time Recovery (Overview)
- Recovery Through RESETLOGS
Performing Recovery, Part 1
- RMAN Recovery in NOARCHIVELOG Mode
- Performing Complete Recovery (of critical and noncritical data files)
- Restoring ASM Disk Groups
- Recovery with Image Files
- Performing Point-in-Time (PITR) or Incomplete Recovery
- Table Recovery from Backups
Performing Recovery, Part 2
- Recovery of Server Parameter File, Control File
- Redo Log File Loss and Recovery
- Password Authentication File Re-creation
- Index, Read-Only Tablespace, and Tempfile Recovery
- Restoring the Database to a New Host
- Disaster Recovery
- Restoring RMAN Encrypted Backups
RMAN and Oracle Secure Backup
- Oracle Secure Backup Overview
- Oracle Database Disk and Tape Backup Solution
- Backing Up the Fast Recovery Area to Tape
- Defining Retention for RMAN Backups
- RMAN and Oracle Secure Backup Basic Process Flow
- Integration with Cloud Control
- RMAN Database Backup to Tape
Performing Tape Backups and Restores
- Scheduling Backups with EM
- Oracle-Suggested Backup
- RMAN and OSB Process Flow
- RMAN and Oracle Secure Backup Jobs
- Managing Database Tape Backups
- Performing Database Recovery
- RMAN Automatic Failover to Previous Backup
Using Flashback Technologies
- Flashback Technology: Overview and Setup
- Using Flashback Technology to Query Data
- Flashback Table
- Flashback Transaction (Query and Backout)
- Flashback Drop and the Recycle Bin
- Flashback Data Archive
Using Flashback Database
- Flashback Database Architecture
- Configuring Flashback Database
- Performing Flashback Database
- Best Practices for Flashback Database
Managing Backup Space or Transporting Data
- Transporting Tablespaces
- Transporting Databases
Duplicating a Database
- Using a Duplicate Database
- Choosing Database Duplication Techniques
- Creating a Backup-up Based Duplicate Database
- Understanding the RMAN Duplication Operation
- Using Cloud Control to Clone a Database
RMAN Performance and Tuning
- Tuning Principles
- RMAN Multiplexing
- Diagnosing Performance Bottlenecks
- Restore and Recovery Performance Best Practices
Backup and Recovery Workshop
- Workshop Structure
- Workshop Approach to Solving Failure Scenarios
- Business Requirements for Database Availability and Procedures