Catherine Bédard has more than 20 years of experience in human resources management, in addition to having held leadership roles at large companies in North America and Europe. Holding a bachelor’s degree in business administration and a master’s degree in organizational development, she is best at understanding the different issues that companies face.
At 35, she was named vice-president of human resources at L’Oréal Canada. Her contribution at L’Oréal won her a nomination in the Top 10 most influential Canadian women in the field of human resources and diversity by the magazine DiversityCan. This respect for difference still guides her today in her interventions as a trainer and coach.
Following her experience at L’Oréal, Catherine moved towards the world of telecommunications as a general director of people and culture at TELUS Business Solutions. Her role as an advisor to leaders has made her a trainer who is able to align herself with a company’s business vision, while harmonizing productivity and the employee experience.
Drawing on her years of experience in influential roles at large companies, Catherine is now part of the team at Edgenda and AFI Expertise as a senior leadership coach and consultant. With her pragmatic and authentic approach, she provides leaders with sound advice and accompanies them throughout the transformation and execution of their strategic projects.
Trainings offered by Catherine Bédard
- Develop your Emotional Intelligence
- Build Better Business Presentations and Enhance your Impact
- Coaching Essentials
- Coaching Lab : A constructivist approach to coaching
- Coaching Supervision
- Coaching level 2 : Strategic coaching of a group
- Communicating effectively at work
- Develop your Tolerance to Stress and Stay Balanced
- Developing cultural intelligence to help manage diversity
- Devenir leader-coach: les fondamentaux du coaching collectif
- Devenir leader-coach: les fondamentaux du coaching individuel
- From Employee to Manager : a Successful Transition
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Leadership and Team Management
- Managing Teams Remotely in a Context of Change
- Remote Manager